Digital marketing is the fastest growing industry in India. The reason for its tremendous growth is its ability to market products and services to a larger scale of audience. In the wake of COVID-19 when the world moved to a completely virtual world, digital marketing picked up the pace and has since been the favourite among marketers.
Digital marketing mediums proved beneficial to establishments across sectors as they could reach the audience even when they were stuck at home. It helped many businesses to survive when the times got difficult.
In this blog, we will cover the scope of digital marketing, reasons why it is a growing career and how DigiAcharya is the best institution for studying this programme.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
India’s digital marketing future is directly related to the number of internet users in our country. It has been estimated that by 2023 the number of active internet users will touch 666 million. This indicates the number of people who have shifted to the digital medium. This roughly translates into the pool of consumers who are potential targets of digital marketing.
The tremendous growth of OTT platforms has also contributed to the growth of the digital marketing space.
In an interesting observation, the number of searches for ‘Digital Marketing Course’ increased by almost 50% during the peak of the pandemic. This has since been growing and reflects the demand for degrees and certifications in digital marketing.
Top 15 Reasons Why You Choose Digital Marketing as Your Career
With the popularity and utility of digital marketing rising every day, companies are constantly on the lookout for digital marketers. Therefore, industry experts recommend this as a career option. Jobs in this sector come with a higher pay package and ample growth opportunities. According to an industry report, the digital marketing career in India will be worth $160 billion by 2025.
The digital marketing industry employs a large number of people as there are different job functions in many segments of the industry. It is also an industry that is seeing constant changes and updates. Therefore, the industry needs a number of skilled professionals.
Let us now look at individual reasons why digital marketing is a great career option.
- Growing Industry: Digital marketing has turned out to be the most consumed form of marketing. It is much more than just promoting on social media and running ads. The scope is much wider.
The different aspects of digital marketing are:
- Email Marketing
- Referral Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing &
- Influencer Marketing.
- Variety of specializations: Digital marketing provides you with a vast scope of specializations. The most common and in-demand one is Search Engine Optimization. This is because an understanding of organic traffic and how to boost traffic is necessary for a digital marketer.
The other areas of specialization include:
- Copywriting: The digital medium is flooded with images but the consumer is drawn towards a post or a mention if the text is catchy and relevant. This art of writing for digital marketing mediums is called copywriting.
- Social Media Marketing: There are different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are potential mediums for digital marketing. The knowledge of the dynamics of each of these platforms and what works where is important for utilising the full potential of the medium.
- Email Marketing: In order to make complete use of this medium, you need to have the knowledge of open rates, click-through and bounce rates. It is considered to be one of the best ways of direct marketing. An email marketing manager can expect to make a salary of Rs 70,000 per month.
- Rewarding Salaries: The average salary of a digital marketer is around Rs 5,50,000 per annum. The salary of a senior manager with 5-9 years of experience will be Rs 7-10 lakh. Meanwhile, a marketing automation specialist can draw Rs 4 lakh in the first year of the career. The pay can go up to Rs 6 lakh. A content marketing manager at the entry level is expected to be an average of Rs 4,79,000. With about 4 years of experience, the salary reaches Rs 5,13,000. After 5-9 years of experience, you can expect to draw Rs 8,18,000.
- Excellent Job Opportunities: The digital marketing platform offers a number of marketing opportunities and correspondingly needs a large number of skilled professionals. Therefore, digital marketing companies have many job positions and openings too at any given point.
Let us look at some of the common positions in the digital marketing stream:
Digital marketing manager
- Leads team of digital marketers
- Manages processes & check quality
- Salary: Rs 15-20L per annum
Content Marketing Manager
- Suggest what is to be written
- Delivers content for marketing verticals
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of blog posts
- Provides content for different marketing verticals.
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- Managing sales funnel
- Looking after drip marketing campaign
- Increase traffic and customers
- Work Flexibility: The role and openings of a digital marketing manager come with the flexibility to work as per client requirements. This is not a typical 9-5 job and while it can be demanding it also provides you with the flexibility of working as per your suitabilities.
Learning period is brief and easy: These profiles come with various functions that can be learnt in a few days. Keen interest in the roles can help you to learn these functions easily.
- Start your career on your own: This qualification gives you the flexibility to go the entrepreneurial way. You can offer consulting services to establishments and charge them for every assignment.
- Work with Reputed Brands: Several digital marketing companies have made a mark for themselves. Working with them will provide with you the opportunity to grow in your profession and also grow a long list of clientele.
A digital marketing profession can thus be one of the best things to happen in one’s career. However, you need to get a value-added degree and holistic training to be able to grow into a successful digital marketer. This is where DigiAcharya comes in.
Why DigiAcharya offers you the best digital marketing course?
DigiAcharya offers a number of courses related to digital marketing.
DigiAcharya assures students a holistic approach towards the training through expert trainers. The best part is that the institute also offers placement support. Check out the digital marketing course at DigiAcharya and apply.